Self-Love Stories: Marissa Jordan
March 13, 2021
Meet Marissa Jordan! She is a procrastination coach, content creator, and podcaster. In today’s post, she will share her thoughts on self-love and how she builds confidence in others through enhancing their productivity and wellness.
Tell us about yourself.
I’m Marissa, a Trinidadian-born coach and creator. After struggling with procrastination for 12 years, which caused me to put my most important goals on the back burner, I learned the root cause of the issues which caused me to procrastinate. I now coach, support, and inspire other women to get out of their own way, and elevate their mindset, so that they can grow into their best selves.
I am passionate about how self-care and wellness play a part in achieving a positive mindset, overall productivity, and improved personal development. Here, as well as on my newly-minted podcast, Elevate & Grow, is your destination for women looking for inspiration, advice, and ideas relating to their lives.
Fun Facts About Me:
- I love trying new juices and smoothie recipes.
- You can find me shopping online, or reading in my free time.
- I love spending my weekends on the couch watching a great Netflix movie or series.
- My beverage of choice is a glass of wine or a cup of coffee.
- Spending time with my husband and daughter is my favorite activity.
Describe an area of your life where you felt less confident and how you overcame it.
Prior to coaching, I started a lifestyle blog which seemed like a good idea at the time because everyone was doing it. However, shortly after starting the blog, I began to feel less confident in sharing content related to style & fashion because it ‘wasn’t me’. I was forcing something that I was not passionate about. I was, however, passionate about how overall wellness & self-care play a part in my overall productivity, so I decided to pivot from blogging about fashion to blogging about wellness, self-care and personal development.
I am able to show other women (via my blog, podcast, and coaching) how self-care and wellness play a part in achieving a positive mindset, overall productivity, and improved personal development. My goal is to inspire other women to get out of their own way, and elevate their mindset, so that they can grow into their best selves.
Why is self-love important and how do you practice it in your life today?
Self-love is important because it means that I put my physical, emotional and mental well-being before anyone else’s. I am able to choose the things that serve me in a positive way, and walk away from the ones that do not. I practice self-love by setting aside time for prayer, journaling, drinking at least 64 oz of water, move my body for at least 30 minutes a day, and most recently, reducing the amount of time that I spend on my phone.
What advice would you give someone who is struggling to love who they are?
- Start each day by saying one positive thing about yourself. The next day, say another positive thing about yourself and include the one from the previous day, and so on. By doing this, you’ll have your own list of positive affirmations in no time!
- Don’t believe everything you think.
- Be patient. Loving yourself takes time to master, so practice it daily and it will become a habit!
- Find something to be grateful about every day. Even on bad days, there is always something to be grateful for.
- Embrace your uniqueness because they’re what makes you…YOU!
- Celebrate your wins, no matter how small.
- Don’t compare yourself to others.
How does the work you do now help build confidence in others?
By helping others break large tasks into smaller, bite-sized goals, I am able to help them feel less overwhelmed, procrastinate less, so that they can be more productive. I also provide coaching for those who feel stuck, or that struggle with overthinking, impostor syndrome so that they can get out of their way and grow into their best selves.
Do you have a helpful product or service we can check out?
My Procrastination to Action Workbook is a great resource to help you break big tasks into smaller, bite-sized pieces.
I also offer a Free 20-Minute Call which is a great way for us to get to know each other and see if we will be good fit for my coaching services.
Where can we keep up with you online?